Qualsafe (QA) Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Management of Anaphylaxis Quality Control Framework (QCF).
Who should take this course?
This qualification is for people who have a specific interest or a responsibility at work, at home or in voluntary and community activities, in being able to provide BLS and manage anaphylaxis when dealing with an emergency.
This qualification enables Learners to attain the knowledge and practical competencies needed to deal with a range of first aid situations including managing a casualty with anaphylaxis. It is based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The content of this course has also been approved by the Anaphylaxis Campaign.
- Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
- Be physically able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) syllabus.
- Be in attendance for the entire course duration to be eligible for evaluation and qualify for the Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis certificate.
- To benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
The BLS and Management of Anaphylaxis course is a 4-hour course (minimum of 3 hours and 25 minutes (excluding breaks) and a maximum of 5 hours).
- Chain of survival
- Incident and casualty assessment
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery position
- Common anaphylaxis triggers
- Signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Adrenaline auto-injectors
- Management of Anaphylaxis.
- Recovery Position
Practical assessments are observed by the Trainer throughout the course. Learners are required to complete the following 3 practical assessments for this qualification:
An A5 Qualsafe Emergency First Aid Made Easy booklet is provided for each learner.
The QA Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (QCF) is valid for a period of 1 year, within which time the Learner will need to re-take the qualification and assessments in order to remain qualified.