Did you know that the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines state that employers should ensure their first aiders remain competent to perform their role?
As such, it is strongly recommended that first aiders undertake annual refresher training to practice their skills and update their knowledge on the latest first aid procedures.
Who should take this course?
Qualified first aiders looking to refresh and update their first aid knowledge and competencies, in addition to meeting the HSE guidelines.
This course leads to the First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Training certificate. This qualification is specifically designed to allow qualified first aiders to update their first aid skills yearly, until re-qualification training is required. Successful candidates will leave with a renewed confidence, having had the opportunity to practice essential first aid procedures, as well as learn the latest techniques needed to deal with an emergency situation.
With all subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to satisfy HSE requirements whilst minimising disruption to your business’s day-to-day activities.
Aim of Qualification
The First Aid At Work Annual Refresher Training qualification enables learners to refresh and update the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. On successful completion of the course learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations.
Qualified first aiders. Learners should also:
- Have communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements of the qualification.
- Be physically able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) syllabus.
- Be in attendance for the entire course duration to be eligible for evaluation and qualify for the First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Training certificate.
The First Aid At Work Annual Refresher Training course is delivered in half a day.
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery Position
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Managing a casualty in shock
Learners are required to complete practical assessments.
An A5 Qualsafe Emergency First Aid Made Easy booklet is provided for each learner.
The First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Training certificate is valid for period of one year.